Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday, August (WHAT?!?), 2007

So far, so good. My Mom is here with me (she brought Cooper back from the lake on Sunday), so I am not alone and she is NOT driving me craz-ier. She will be glad to hear it, I am sure.
Cooper is loving being back at school, especially since he gets to stay in after-care to play. A tired, cranky Mommy is not his first choice in the afternoons.

I am staying on the Ativan to keep me calm, and other than a hellacious reflux situation, I am hanging in there. I can't say for sure how the rest of the week will go, but I am not saying, "NO" to #6 yet. My hair seems to fall out in little blankets of snow here and there, but not today. I was kind of liking my little faux-haux. I did notice something kind of cool--the longest hairs on my head have alternating colors (dark, blonde, dark, blonde, dark, blonde, dark). It seems to be changing with each treatment. You know how they say you can see rings on a person's fingernails when they have been poisoned with arsenic? It's the same thing.

The texture is still the same--fine. It was getting on my nerves to hear people say, "Oh, maybe you will have curly hair now." #1, I don't think I ever lamented for curly hair, and #2, who the "f" would do chemo thinking that there is any kind of vanity bonus involved? LOL It's okay if you have mentioned to me that it might happen, it's others who think there is some PLUS side to what it does other than run down cancer cells.

I am stressed about the store--sales are about 30% down when I am not there (overall), and it is not the girl's fault. We just don't sell furniture or (especially) custom linens when I am gone, and those are big ticket items. Todd wants me to calm down and think like this will be over in 4 weeks, but he doesn't realize or remember that I have 7 weeks of radiation (5 days a week) after that, and then to finish the year with Herceptin every three weeks on my same Friday (it is only a 90-minute infusion), but combined with the tiredness of the radiation, I will probably still have to take off work! UGH. This is pissing me off. I am finally in the best location for the store, it is starting to look great, I have tons of new customers who actually BUY the clothes I stock, and this BS comes along to de-pimp my ride.

Okay, that's enough. Love you all.

P.S. If I don't call, or return calls, just understand that I am having a hard time collecting my thoughts and remembering what you might have just said to me!

No comments: