Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I'M DONE! I'M DONE! I'M DONE!!!

Apparently, if you begin to loose the feeling in your feet and hands, and you see little green men when you take steroids, you get a hall pass on a round of chemo! Now let's just hope that the feeling comes back, and I don't have the psychosis anymore!

I will still be having my Herceptin (alone) on September 7, and will get that every three weeks (just like chemo) until next May. I think if I didn't have the Herceptin to do, the 6th round would still be on. The HER2 part of my tumor was the aggressive part, and the Herceptin targets specifically that. Herceptin is one of the new cancer drugs--it isn't chemo, but it targets the HER2 cancers. HER2 used to be (pretty much) a death sentence, but now it has a targeted therapy, so that's good! HER2- cancers are less aggressive, but all they have is chemo or Tamoxifen (which I will also begin for ER+).

I am relieved to be done. Todd said that I had done 4 more than he thought I would. :) If they had said that the neuropathy and SP weren't enough to cancel the last round, I would (of course), do it. Honestly though, I am SO GLAD there was no balking or trying to talk me otherwise. Unless Dr. Bender comes in on September 7 and says I have do it, chemo is going to be a distant memory in about 5.8 seconds.

No comments: