Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Friday, September 7, 2007

Well, I went to the oncologist's today, expecting to just get Herceptin, but ended up doing Herceptin and Carboplatin. No Taxotere--since that seemed to be the culprit for the nasty neuropathy and it was the drug that necessitated the use of steroids. It took about 3 hours or so...I had an Emend and Ativan via infusion (to go along with the Ativan I had already taken), so I was feeling "loopy" all afternoon. We were able to go to Serendipity for an hour or so to do some light work--it looks good in there, and it is going to look awesome when we finish!!!

I think I felt queasy, but it was most likely from the Ativan and not the Herceptin or Carboplatin. I came home, took a little nap, had a light dinner, and am now writing to you! We shall see how the next few days go.So, I did get a 6th round, albeit only 85% of my protocol, but I am officially DONE with chemo!!!

BTW, I went commando (w/o a wig or hat) at work yesterday, and no one blinked an eye. They must think I am just a risk taker or a very edgy kind of gal!

I go back on Day 10 for bloodwork (the last time I have to go back on Day 10) and then (three weeks from today) for Herceptin by itself. I will know then when to start Tamoxifen and schedule radiation.

Anyone out there want to carry a baby (or babies) for me? Just kidding for now!!! I am bound and determined to do it myself.

Much love!

No comments: